Monday, February 05, 2007

More No Holds Barred Fighting: Killer Submissions - September, 2005


As I mention in the review, this book is great. It helped me understand how to chain techniques together. I still use the basic chains I built with the help of this book.

--------------------

Great Book for the Intermediate to Advanced

Let me just say this..... I really like this book.

It doesn't just pick up where the last one left off. It takes the game to a whole new place. The crux of this book for me, was the submission chains.

Hatmaker explains how to combined techniques into chains to keep the pressure on. Takedowns to controls, controls to submissions, subs to ther subs. Basically, he teaches you some chains and how to create your own.

This is a subject Hatmaker is well versed in. He is a more intellectual type than many of the naturally gifted World Champion competitors you can get instructionals from.

Hatmaker knows what works. And he knows what works for you and me, not Roger Gracie. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade my Jiu Jitsu in for the world. However, these books have given me a perspective that has helped me create my own style and helped me greatly in BJJ, Judo, Sub Grappling and MMA.

No comments:

Google